Saturday 31 March 2012

Youngs Dog Days and moreeeeee ...

Well, it has been another busy week. Last Sunday I was up in Birmingham giving a 'learning theory' talk organised by Mandy Melville-Love. Everyone was up for learning new things, which makes my job so much more fun. 

On Monday and Tuesday, the long awaited 'Young Dog Days' arrived. The weather was amazing, hot and sunny, which meant we could train outside on the Tuesday. The trainers were Dave Munnings and Sian Illingworth. These two trainers compliment each other so well and everyone raved about all their training sessions. 

It was great to see some dogs and handlers from my last beginners class taking part in this event. It can sometimes be a bit of a worry handing over students that have trained with you week in week out since they started their training journey. I am not sure why, I guess you just feel protective over them. However my last beginners group are really special, smart and sensible and Dave and Sian are such great trainers it was just a complete pleasure to watch them succeed and look so great! Below are some videos of them enjoying 'Young Dog Days' ...

Dappy and Olivia - Restrained Recall 

Sixx and Becky

Floozie and Nicola

Thanks to all those positive, smiley people that attended 'Young Dog Days', it is great to spend time with you :)

Thursday arrives and I was presenting part 1 of 2 of a practical shaping session in Newbury. This session was great fun in which we looked at increasing the dogs 'willingness' to offer responses and improve owners shaping skills. Cant wait till part two.

On to my own dogs ..... I have spent the last two weekends at UKA shows preparing my dogs for the upcoming season. Ahhhhhh I don't think I have ever felt as great as I did after Ditto's first ever run which was a steeple chase. Don't get me wrong, this was far from a paw perfect run, but I couldn't have been happier with her. She was focused and fast :D

Little Code had four wins over the weekends, clever pup and I trained all his agility runs :)

Next weekend is the first KC show of the year for me, Easter Celebration, and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. :-)) Have a fab Easter and I just know your dogs will be fab xx

    ReplyDelete